The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
(Photo of Karen Dunbar credit James Chapelard)
A Night of Love, Laughter, Music and Celebration
26 June, 6.30pm, Online
Pay What You Wish £10 – £30 – Buy Tickets
Booking closes 12 noon on Monday 21 June, so don’t miss your chance to join this truly special event.
The Coming Back Out Ball, a fabulous night of community and pride for our LGBTI+ Elders – and we don’t want you to miss it.
With an unmissable lineup from the LGBTI+ community, you’ll be sure to have an evening you’ll never forget. The dynamic duo of Karen Dunbar and Jamie Rea are your hosts for this evening, introducing epic performances from the iconic Horse, sensational performance poet Dean Atta, a new piece from the legendary Jo Clifford inspired by the project, and contributions from Maggie Kinloch, Malin Lewis and folk band Bogha-frois.
A GLORIOUS CELEBRATION OF LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, TRANS AND GENDER DIVERSE, AND INTERSEX ELDERS.
The Coming Back Out Ball is designed to be a gift – one that acknowledges the resilience of this community, a gift of visibility to LGBTI+ elders who have lived through it all, and a safe space for those elders just discovering themselves.
Look forward to music, dancing and the chance to chat with fellow Ball attendees via your zoom table.
Everyone who attends will get a very special delivery, a beautifully crafted and bespoke designed – ‘A Ball in a Box’ in advance of the event, so you really feel that the party is coming to you live in your living room!
Promises to be a night of real cultural significance, to be socially connected in celebration alongside LGBTI+ elders to dance, reminisce and dream together into the future.
The Coming Back Out Ball will be fully captioned, audio described and BSL interpreted.
This section: LGBT Glasgow, Zoom and online events
- Glasgow – Open Air Bed Cinema Online
- Piping Live! – Glasgow, August, 2021
- Shoot Your Shot PRIDE
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Scottish Climate Action Network – Climate Cafe
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: David Robertson
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021
- Riverside Festival Glasgow 2021 – Online