Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
14 – 28 September, 2019
New festival with an exciting and diverse festival
Featuring: Art, Drama, Jazz, Opera, Classical Music, Spoken Word and more.
Building audiences in Paisley and encouraging audiences from further afield to visit Paisley’s historic attractions, places to eat and drink, and of course to see and hear the best in the performing and visual arts drawn to Paisley for this festival.
Community Opera Chorus
Saturday 14th, September, 2019
10am-12pm and 1pm till 4pm Stow Brae Kirk, 82 Causeyside St, Paisley PA1 1YP
How would you like to sing in the chorus of an opera being performed in Paisley Abbey on Sat 28th Sept? If you are free to attend this rehearsal then you can!
The opera is based on the life of Paisley’s poet Robert Tannahill and, if you would like to be involved, please email for more information
Doyenne Duo recital
Monday 16th, September, 2019
7.30pm The Wynd Centre, 6 School Wynd, Paisley PA1 2DB
A classical duo comprising flute and piano arriving from San Diego in the USA presenting a wide variety of classical music.
“My Scottish Heart” Evelyn Laurie & Friends
Robert Tannahill will, of course, be represented!
The venue will be offering light refreshments and BYOB for a small corkage charge.
Or why not sample the range of teas and coffees this relatively new, but already award-winning, local business has to offer.
Shaun Moore’s Spoken Word Night (and Guests)
A night of spoken word poetry with surprise musical guests. This event has a fully licenced bar.
Cleek – the Movie
Stow Brae Kirk, 82 Causeyside St, Paisley PA1 1YP
Script to Stage
Wednesday 25 September, 2019
Stow Brae Kirk, 82 Causeyside Street, Paisley PA1 1YP
Script to Stage Renfrewshire presents a night of short plays as part of the Tannahill Arts Festival
Seeking submissions by deadline at midnight on Friday 13th September, 2019
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Mòd 2019 CCA
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe