Syrian Supper Club, Govanhill Trinity Church, 20 July, 2016
Syrian Supper Club
Govanhill Community Canteen and Kitchen
20 July, 2016
5 – 8 p.m.
Join us for another evening of food, people, experimentation and discussion, raising awareness and funds around the dinner table in celebration of Syrian culture in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is a pop-up food and activist event which looks to experiment with recipes, food, cutlery and seating plans. We invite anyone to join us for an evening of Syrian delights, conversation and discussion. This evening hopes to engage people who may have visited the country previously as well as those who have never been before to share their thoughts and experiences to take part in an informal round the dinner table conversation. The menu will be cooked-up for you by a group of Syrian chefs currently living in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is brought to you by Küche, a food engagement practice which looks to explore the anthropology of food through food-led events.
This event is in partnership with the Govanhill Free Dinner- Community Canteen.
For the Community Canteen to remain free to those who need it we rely on a small amount of donations from those who can afford to pay. If you enjoy yourself please help us to keep it running by either putting some money in the donations box or helping us clean up at the end.
This event is part of Refugee Festival Scotland and funded by the Refugee Council Scotland: Full details
Govanhill Trinity Church, 28 Daisy Street, G42 8JL
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Cottiers At Home – Beer Garden Takeaway Extended Menu, Bottle Shop, Beer Garden Reopening
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson