Syrian Supper Club, Govanhill Trinity Church, 20 July, 2016
Syrian Supper Club
Govanhill Community Canteen and Kitchen
20 July, 2016
5 – 8 p.m.
Join us for another evening of food, people, experimentation and discussion, raising awareness and funds around the dinner table in celebration of Syrian culture in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is a pop-up food and activist event which looks to experiment with recipes, food, cutlery and seating plans. We invite anyone to join us for an evening of Syrian delights, conversation and discussion. This evening hopes to engage people who may have visited the country previously as well as those who have never been before to share their thoughts and experiences to take part in an informal round the dinner table conversation. The menu will be cooked-up for you by a group of Syrian chefs currently living in Glasgow.
The Syrian Supper Club is brought to you by Küche, a food engagement practice which looks to explore the anthropology of food through food-led events.
This event is in partnership with the Govanhill Free Dinner- Community Canteen.
For the Community Canteen to remain free to those who need it we rely on a small amount of donations from those who can afford to pay. If you enjoy yourself please help us to keep it running by either putting some money in the donations box or helping us clean up at the end.
This event is part of Refugee Festival Scotland and funded by the Refugee Council Scotland: Full details
Govanhill Trinity Church, 28 Daisy Street, G42 8JL
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals