One: Exhibition by the Garnet Collective, The Lighthouse, 22 July – 11 September, 2016
One: Exhibition by the Garnet Collective
22 Jul – 11 Sep
Showcasing the work of four Scottish jewellers and silversmiths, “One.”, is the debut exhibition from Glasgow-based design group, The Garnet Collective. Featuring the work of Nicholas Faill, Adam Henderson, Jennifer MacKinlay and Hannah Grace Ryan. “One.”, aims to bridge the gap between art and design through contemporary art jewellery and sculptural silversmithing.
Informed by her research into historical figures and the stories surrounding them, Ryan produces modern relics by combining silver granulation with precious stones, while MacKinlay takes inspiration from natural objects such as fur, stone and leather to create a series of elaborate wearable landscapes. Faill, influenced by his love of live music and architecture, incorporates modern technologies with conventional silversmithing skills to construct bold geometric vessels. Similarly inspired by a passion for learning new techniques and experimenting with different processes, Henderson is drawn to instilling hidden details and meaning within his jewellery.
Established in 2015, The Garnet Collective is a community of young, independent designers brought together by their unique aesthetics and use of experimental techniques. The collective seeks to create opportunities for Scottish creatives to showcase their designs, collaborate on projects and work together to co-curate exhibitions.
11 Mitchell Lane
Glasgow, Scotland G1 3NU
Monday to Saturday
10.30am – 5.00pm
12.00pm – 5.00pm
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables