St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Showcase 1 CCA, Thursday 5 May, 2016
St Mungo’s Mirrorball Poetry Showcase 1
Thu 5 May 2016
7pm, £5 (free to members), Tickets on the door, Clubroom
0141 352 4900
A Poetry Showcase for the mentor and mentees of the Clydebuilt poets mentoring programme featuring the following:
Gerry Cambridge: a poet, essayist and editor, with a substantial interest in print design and typography as well as a background in natural history photography. His publications include Notes for Lighting a Fire (HappenStance Press, 2012). Since 1995 Gerry has published and edited The Dark Horse.
Henry Bell: a writer, editor, and events organiser based in Glasgow. He is the managing editor of Gutter, Scotland’s magazine of new writing, and has edited A Bird is Not a Stone, an anthology of contemporary Palestinian poetry in the languages of Scotland.
Duncan Stewart Muir’s poetry has been published in Poetry Review, PN Review, New Writing Scotland, Blast Furnace and In Protest: 150 Poems for Human Rights. He lives in Glasgow where he is at work on his first novel, Our Affliction.
Nalini Paul: Nalini’s first poetry pamphlet, Skirlags, was shortlisted for the Callum Macdonald Award in 2010. She was George Mackay Brown Writing Fellow in Orkney. Her current poetry book, The Raven’s Song, is inspired by raven-and-crow myths from Orkney, Shetland and Canada.
Gregor Addison: George was born in Dalkeith, Scotland, in 1966 and raised in Alexandria and Clynder. He teaches English at West College Scotland and lives in Scotstoun, Glasgow. His poetry has previously been published in Carcanet’s Oxford Poets 2013 as well as in Gairm, The Edinburgh Review, Chapman, New Writing Scotland, The Dark Horse and Gutter.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Public Reception Streetworks
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Santaland and Season’s Greetings Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- Meeting Gorbachev GFT
- CineCard Preview: The Report GFT
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- Sorry We Missed You, GFT