SQIFF Programme 2020
5 – 18 October, 2020
Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2020 will take place online with their film programme available on Vimeo on Demand within the UK. You can also enjoy online watch parties, workshops, Q&As, discussions, parties, and a closing night quiz.
Strands include queer sci-fi from across the world in Every Utopia is a Dystopia; a retrospective of work from pioneering digital artist Shu Lea Cheang; an interrogation of queerness and the natural world in Queer Ecologies; and trailblazing cinematic voices from South America.
All films and events are either free or pay what you can. All films screen with English language captions and all live events have live captioning and BSL interpretation. Audio description is available for a number of events. See further information
SQIFF has an access fund to assist people based within Scotland who have no or limited internet access to attend the Festival. If you would like to apply for this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SQIFF is funded by Screen Scotland with support from Film Hub Scotland.
Filed under: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival