Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA 7 November, 2017
7 November, 2017 at 7 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JD
Calling all writers! Dust off those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us!
Scottish Writers will be rocking a medical theme with nurse and poet, Lesley McGill taking the helm, to kick the evening off with readings about her experiences as a nurse working for more than thirty years at Stobhill Hospital. Lesley will share readings in response to the many experiences she’s had as a nurse alongside the doctors and patients she has worked with throughout her time at Stobhill Hospital. Lesley incorporates within her work themes and anecdotes that address medicine, remedies, health, sickness, and disability.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone. The theme is open to interpretation and we are asking you to share your stories, poems and songs about your experience as a patient, practitioner, carer or family member.
Please take part and submit something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about any medical experiences in your life. Submissions in any genre are welcome.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Come along for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823. They welcome donations to help bring future events to you.
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN