Speakeasy and Open Mic, Scottish Writers’ Centre, CCA 7 November, 2017
7 November, 2017 at 7 p.m.
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JD
Calling all writers! Dust off those works in progress and put on your best prose for a night of literary readings, and creating. The Scottish Writers’ Centre is hosting a Speakeasy & Open Mic Night and we’re asking you to join us!
Scottish Writers will be rocking a medical theme with nurse and poet, Lesley McGill taking the helm, to kick the evening off with readings about her experiences as a nurse working for more than thirty years at Stobhill Hospital. Lesley will share readings in response to the many experiences she’s had as a nurse alongside the doctors and patients she has worked with throughout her time at Stobhill Hospital. Lesley incorporates within her work themes and anecdotes that address medicine, remedies, health, sickness, and disability.
Whether you’re a new, emerging or seasoned writer, there’s something for everyone. The theme is open to interpretation and we are asking you to share your stories, poems and songs about your experience as a patient, practitioner, carer or family member.
Please take part and submit something to read, perform, or slam and share you’re writing about any medical experiences in your life. Submissions in any genre are welcome.
It’s going to be an evening to remember! Come along for a taste of Scotland’s new and emerging writers and the best of new literature in action.
Currently seeking submissions from writers to read their work. Submissions will be accepted at info@scottishwriterscentre
This a FREE event for all
The SWC is a registered Charity, SCO40823. They welcome donations to help bring future events to you.
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, GFT
- Creative Conversation: Kate Charlesworth, Illustrator and Writer
- Celtic Connections 2020: Lucy Rose review Fionnuala Boyle
- GRIT Orchestra Celtic Connections 2020 photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Wrest and Maz O’Connor, Celtic Connections review Fionnuala Boyle
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- John Inglis Exhibition New Collages 2016 – 2019 Compass Gallery
- Red Thread Film Club Lynne Ramsay – Gasman and Ratcatcher
- A Hidden Life, GFT
- Weathering With You GFT
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Cleanin’ Up The Town Remembering Ghostbusters GFT
- Preview: The Man Who Killed Don Quixote + Recorded Q&A GFT