Sparkle & Shine! Nativity! The Musical Seeks Children Across The UK For Star Roles
Are you a young, budding performer who sparkles and shine on stage? Well, today’s your lucky day because the producers of Natvity! The Musical are on the look-out for children aged 9-12 star in the Scottish leg of the production’s 2018 UK tour.
Bright, young stars from across the country will have a chance to sparkle and shine as one of the children from Oakmoor School.
Auditions for the Glasgow and Edinburgh runs of the show will be held in Edinburgh on Saturday 23 June. Children will need to be available to play both the King’s Theatre in Glasgow, Wednesday 7 – Sunday 11 November and the Festival Theatre in Edinburgh, Wednesday 28 November – Sunday 2 December.
Requirements regarding auditioning:
- Children must be age 9-12 years old by 1st September 2018
- Strictly no taller than 4ft 7inches
- Children must live within 45 miles commute to the venue and be available to perform the playing dates of the venue they are auditioning for – tour dates listed below
- Characterful but disciplined children with strong singing, acting and movement skills and with a passion for performing
To audition, children must be pre-registered with Keston and Keston the Children’s Regional Casting Directors via the iOS App ‘Keston Casting- downloadable’ which can be downloaded for free via the app store or registration can be completed via the website: www.kestonandkestoncasting.com
All children who fall within the criteria above will be sent an invite with full information and the location for the audition.
NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL is written and directed by the creator and director of the blockbuster film series, Debbie Isitt.
Debbie said: “We are looking for characterful but disciplined children who can ‘act’ as snobby and superior and yet have a sense of fun and can give over the top performances if required. We need the children to have good movement ability – marching, basic choreography and have excellent posture. They should also be able to sing confidently, have basic acting ability and enjoy performing.”
Every child in every school has one Christmas wish, to star in a Nativity, and at St Bernadette’s School they’ve decided to mount a musical version! Join teacher Mr Maddens and his crazy assistant Mr Poppy as they struggle with hilarious children, and a whole lot of sparkle and shine to make everyone’s Christmas wish come true. Featuring all of your favourite sing-a-long songs from the smash-hit films including Sparkle and Shine, Nazareth and One Night One Moment. NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL promises to be the perfect feel-good comedy for all the family.
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- CLIC Sargent – World Book Day Fundraiser
- Spring Fling Queen Margaret Drive
- The Knitting Station by Kirsti Wishart – book launch
- Creative Conversations Don Paterson
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- More premieres and guests announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne