Simon McDermott & Chris Wilson, The Songaminute Man, Aye Write 2018
24th Mar 2018 • 3:00PM – 4:00PM
Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
The extraorinary story of Simon McDermott and his Dad Ted, The Songaminute man.
When Simon McDermott’s Dad Ted was diagnosed with dementia, Simon desperately tried to reach him until in the car one day he hit play on Ted’s favourite song Quando Quando Quando. Suddenly, they were just two mates driving around, singing at the top of their lungs. Simon uploaded the video to YouTube and it went viral. A record deal, Pride of Britain Awards, over £130,000 raised for The Alzheimer’s Society and a Top 10 single followed. Simon will be joined by Choreographer Chris Wilson who also became a viral sensation with a video of him using dance to enrich the lives of people with dementia.
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s
- White Christmas at GFT
- Drive My Car, GFT
- Petite Maman, GFT
- Eye of the Storm, GFT plus Q and with Anthony Baxter
- Rebel Dykes, GFT
- Preview: Belle plus Q and A with Mamoru Hosoda
- The House of Gucci GFT
- Comfort and Joy, Screening at Arlington Baths
- The Wizard of Oz Panto –Jazz Hands
- Glasgow Print Studio – Members’ Christmas Show 2021
- Oh Aye It Is!
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Glasgow Madrigirls – A Star is Bright as Day
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!