‘Secret Glasgow’ Stephen Millar and Gillian Loney, Book Launch
Thursday 24th March, 2022 at 7pm
Waterstones Argyle Street, 174-176 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8BT
Celebrate the launch of Secret Glasgow!
Authors Stephen Millar and Gillian Loney will be discussing all things unusual and unfamiliar about Glasgow. Step off the beaten track with this fascinating Glasgow guide book and let our local experts show you the well-hidden treasures of an amazing city.
This event is free, but please let us know you’re planning on attending by and Register for Event .
Secret Glasgow will be available to purchase on the night.
A beautiful garden inside a hospital, a staircase once celebrated by Einstein, the remains of a workhouse and a Roman wall, a lost burn and a reminder of the Spanish Civil War, a stranded column in the Clyde and a Celtic gravestone, a derelict railway platform, a stone that flew over the Irish Sea, the burial place of a Scot who became an American hero and mysterious etchings on a cathedral wall – Glasgow is full of hidden treasures that many residents go past without realising their significance. This is an indispensable guide for anyone who thought they knew the city well but would like to discover its hidden face.
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Take 2: Turning Red
- The Settlers
- Hamlet + Ian McKellen Recorded Q&A
- El Castillo + Q&A
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Cesária Évora + Q&A
- Perfect Days
- CineMasters: Terrence Malick
- Black Dog
- Billy Connolly Big Banana Feet
- Blue Sunshine
- The Anatomy of a Fall
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion