Scottish Premiere: “The Condition Of The Working Class”, Southside United Film Club Friday 25 March, 2016
Hosted by Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust.
Friday, 25 March, 2015. – 7 p.m.
The Southside United Film Club is delighted to be screening the Scottish Premiere of “The Condition Of The Working Class”, a documentary film by Mike Wayne and Deirdre O’Neill, based on Freidrich Engels’ 1844 book of the same name.
This film, full of political passion and anger, is a wonderful testament to the creativity, determination and camaraderie of working people that blows the media stereotypes of the working class out of the water.
The screening will be followed by a Q&A session with the film-makers.
£3 donation on entry, free popcorn or crisps with each donation.
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust… 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris