Scottish Ensemble – Prelude – skydiving from a dream (with Andersson Dance)The Tramway
Bach, Lutosławski, Beethoven.
Order, Chaos, Adventure.
8 and 9 November, 2018
The Tramway, 75 Albert Drive, Glasgow G41 2PE
Join Scottish Ensemble and Andersson Dance for the world premiere of their second collaboration. Musicians and dancers blur their roles and break the rules in this new co-production exploring the very human paradox at the root of three extraordinary pieces of music: our need to seek out order amongst disorder, and our urge to tear it all apart.
From amongst the overwhelming precision of Bach’s Art of Fugue and the dark, wild chaos of Lutosławski’s Preludes emerges a piece that has been both celebrated and derided, lauded and dismissed: Beethoven’s Grosse Fugue.
Combining dynamic choreography with razor-sharp live musical performance, Prelude – skydiving from a dream delves into the delicious contradictions of the subconscious mind, from the absurd to the logical, the irrational to the soothingly clear.
Fri 9 and Sat 10 November
7.30pm – 8.45pm (approx.)
£10 Under 26
£5 Jobseekers Allowance (or other unemployment benefit)
Free to Under 16s and Carers
On the phone:
0845 330 3501
Tramway, 25 Albert Drive, Glasgow
Prelude – skydiving from a dream goes on to tour at Dundee Rep Theatre (Tue 13 Nov) and Eden Court, Inverness (Thu 15 Nov).
This section: Dance, What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Bard in the Yard at Kelvingrove Park
- Kelvingrove Outdoor Ceilidh
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Rose at OranMor
- This Is Where We Get Off – Websters Theatre
- The David MacLennan Award – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Addicted the Musical at Websters
- Islets of Silence at Mugdock Theatre
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe review by Danielle O’Neill
- Myra’s Story, Websters Theatre
- Drag Opticon at Britannica Panopticon
- Scottish Opera in Cumbernauld – Opera Highlights
- School of Rock, Theatre Royal Glasgow
- Derren Brown, Kings Theatre, Glasgow
- Jordan Mackampa at Cottiers
- 3 Women and a Boaby, McChuills GICF