Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
Saturday 18 August, 2018, 10.30am to 4.30pm (registration from 10am)
Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church (down the steps to the side entrance on Observatory Rd) G12 9AR.
Singing from the 1991 Denson edition of the Sacred Harp. Chair: Maureen Uney.
Bring-and-share lunch. No formal charge, but donations invited towards the costs of the event.
Come and try this unique American community singing tradition. Beginners welcome (no tuition offered, but your neighbour will keep you right). Not a religious service. Drop in and out as you like.
Afterwards we’ll repair to the pub (details to follow) to refresh ourselves and perhaps even sing some more. On Sunday morning the survivors will gather for brunch and a farewell sing in a special location, as has become the tradition.
Accommodation may be possible to arrange with local singers — get in touch.
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT