Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
Saturday 18 August, 2018, 10.30am to 4.30pm (registration from 10am)
Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church (down the steps to the side entrance on Observatory Rd) G12 9AR.
Singing from the 1991 Denson edition of the Sacred Harp. Chair: Maureen Uney.
Bring-and-share lunch. No formal charge, but donations invited towards the costs of the event.
Come and try this unique American community singing tradition. Beginners welcome (no tuition offered, but your neighbour will keep you right). Not a religious service. Drop in and out as you like.
Afterwards we’ll repair to the pub (details to follow) to refresh ourselves and perhaps even sing some more. On Sunday morning the survivors will gather for brunch and a farewell sing in a special location, as has become the tradition.
Accommodation may be possible to arrange with local singers — get in touch.
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021