Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
Saturday 18 August, 2018, 10.30am to 4.30pm (registration from 10am)
Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church (down the steps to the side entrance on Observatory Rd) G12 9AR.
Singing from the 1991 Denson edition of the Sacred Harp. Chair: Maureen Uney.
Bring-and-share lunch. No formal charge, but donations invited towards the costs of the event.
Come and try this unique American community singing tradition. Beginners welcome (no tuition offered, but your neighbour will keep you right). Not a religious service. Drop in and out as you like.
Afterwards we’ll repair to the pub (details to follow) to refresh ourselves and perhaps even sing some more. On Sunday morning the survivors will gather for brunch and a farewell sing in a special location, as has become the tradition.
Accommodation may be possible to arrange with local singers — get in touch.
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA