Scotland All Day Sacred Harp Singing 2018
Saturday 18 August, 2018, 10.30am to 4.30pm (registration from 10am)
Kelvinside Hillhead Parish Church (down the steps to the side entrance on Observatory Rd) G12 9AR.
Singing from the 1991 Denson edition of the Sacred Harp. Chair: Maureen Uney.
Bring-and-share lunch. No formal charge, but donations invited towards the costs of the event.
Come and try this unique American community singing tradition. Beginners welcome (no tuition offered, but your neighbour will keep you right). Not a religious service. Drop in and out as you like.
Afterwards we’ll repair to the pub (details to follow) to refresh ourselves and perhaps even sing some more. On Sunday morning the survivors will gather for brunch and a farewell sing in a special location, as has become the tradition.
Accommodation may be possible to arrange with local singers — get in touch.
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Truck Art at The Mela
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020