Samantha Walton Creative Conversations
Monday 1 November 2021 1 p.m. – 2 p.m.
University Memorial Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Samantha Walton is a writer and editor based in Bristol. Her non-fiction book, Everybody Needs Beauty: In Search of the Nature Cure (Bloomsbury 2021) blends nature writing with cultural history to explore the origins and politics of ‘healing nature’.
She has also written a study of the Scottish nature writer, Nan Shepherd – The Living World: Nan Shepherd and Environmental Thought (Bloomsbury 2020), a collection of poetry, Self Heal (Boiler House 2018), and a pamphlet of apocalypse poems, Bad Moon (Spam 2020).
Note: seats are limited at this event as a social distancing policy is being adhered to reducing capacity. If it turns out you are unable to take your place, please cancel your ticket so that it can be released for someone else.
All audience members wear masks during the event, except where exempt.
Creative Conversations is funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
- Idrish – Glasgow Short Film Festival
- Return, Remake, React
- Lapidus Creative Writing with Lesley O’Brien
- Aye Write: Jenni Fagan with Claire Mitchell QC and Zoe Venditozzi Witches of Scotland Podcast
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- Glasgow South Side Wellbeing Fair
- Vinicombe Street Party 2022
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Active Travel for Whiteinch & Scotstoun
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- My Scotland Stand by Jim Byrne
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay