Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
RYMOUR BOOKS – is an independent Scottish publisher founded in 2020 by Ian Spring and Ruby McCann. They have a team of writers and editors dedicated to cultivating the literary arts in all its forms and genres. They are committed to discovering and publishing new work.
[February, 2021: Rymour Books is one of seven Scottish publishers shortlisted for The British Book Awards Small Press of the Year award!]
They work directly with writers and readers, publishing new writing for circulation to enrich readership engagement. Their intention is to publish and sell quality books by writers at all stages in their career. They will also reprint works of Scottish substance worthy of further attention.
Rymour Books incorporates books published earlier under the imprint Hog’s Back Press, originally set up to publish books on the Scottish folk tradition. The imprint is still used for academic titles.
New Books To Pre-Order for March 2021
Visit – Rymour Books’ Website which offers a virtual Bookstore with a reading list centred on books from Scottish based writers. Currently they are working with an international writer to build future partnership engagement overseas.
Rymour Books is devoted to publishing literature at the intersection of the arts and humanities as natural companions for understanding the human experience. They publish literary fiction and nonfiction and have considered how the arts and humanities both interpret the human experience through words or non-verbal forms of expression. While it’s true that the arts have more to do with the act of creation itself, through performance or the physical production of works, the humanities have more to do with research and critical analysis. Both slants exist in their selection, design and publication process.
With a focus on publishing engaging books, they are interested in giving attention to literary works that have been ignored. They look for writers blending high-quality, innovative content in any of the Scottish languages, fiction or non-fiction that is imaginative and distinctive in uniqueness of craft. Through open reading periods, they seek innovative, gripping, and thoroughly breath-taking manuscripts that connect mind and heart.
To fully deliver the possibilities of a small independent publisher, they prize the look and feel of their books as much as the writing. Priority is placed on the quality of the books, from editing to design to printing and paper quality, and advice is offered on commercial arrangements and promotion. In the future they hope to host events to launch publications.
Buy Rymour Books
You can purchase directly from Rymour Books Virtual Bookshop
Books are distributed through small press distribution, at Amazon and Google Books, and various brick and mortar retailers including independent bookstores near you.
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- A Play, A Pie and A Pint Autumn Programme 2021
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- COP26 – Glasgow’s Wee Forests
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood