Romeo and Juliet, Theatre Royal Glasgow
19 – 23 March, 2019
What if your first true love was someone you’d been told to hate?
Ripped apart by the bitter divisions of their parents, two young people will risk everything to be together.
The most famous story of love at first sight explodes with intense passion and an irresistible desire for change. Will this spark a revolution, or will division continue to tear through generations?
The Royal Shakespeare Company returns to Glasgow with a fresh and contemporary version of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
‘Fresh, fleet, blade-sharp’
‘The tale of star-crossed lovers is brought into dazzlingly sharp relief’
‘Youthful and energetic… above the realms of the ordinary’
‘Fresh and engaging’
Theatre Royal, 282 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 3QA
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- Scenes for Survival – Danni the Champion NTS
- Scottish Opera – Pop Up Opera
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- New Works Festival at Websters Theatre
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- The Three Gospels of Jimmy Reid by Kevin P. Gilday