Romeo and Juliet, Theatre Royal Glasgow
19 – 23 March, 2019
What if your first true love was someone you’d been told to hate?
Ripped apart by the bitter divisions of their parents, two young people will risk everything to be together.
The most famous story of love at first sight explodes with intense passion and an irresistible desire for change. Will this spark a revolution, or will division continue to tear through generations?
The Royal Shakespeare Company returns to Glasgow with a fresh and contemporary version of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
‘Fresh, fleet, blade-sharp’
‘The tale of star-crossed lovers is brought into dazzlingly sharp relief’
‘Youthful and energetic… above the realms of the ordinary’
‘Fresh and engaging’
Theatre Royal, 282 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 3QA
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- The Monster and Mary Shelley, Paisley Arts Centre
- Story – Party True Dating Stories, Cottiers
- Fright Night at Websters Theatre
- The Cooncil, Websters Theatre
- The Drift at The Tron
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- The Stornoway Way Cottiers Theatre
- Wilkie’s World, Websters Theatre
- Smalltown – Pantheon at Websters
- Farmer Michael and Kathleen at Cottiers
- Glasgow R&B Society: Rab Noakes & Fraser Speirs Cottiers
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Bruce Biddolph Outstanding as ‘The Inquisitor’
- Alien 3: The Unfilmed Script