Romeo and Juliet, Theatre Royal Glasgow
19 – 23 March, 2019
What if your first true love was someone you’d been told to hate?
Ripped apart by the bitter divisions of their parents, two young people will risk everything to be together.
The most famous story of love at first sight explodes with intense passion and an irresistible desire for change. Will this spark a revolution, or will division continue to tear through generations?
The Royal Shakespeare Company returns to Glasgow with a fresh and contemporary version of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
‘Fresh, fleet, blade-sharp’
‘The tale of star-crossed lovers is brought into dazzlingly sharp relief’
‘Youthful and energetic… above the realms of the ordinary’
‘Fresh and engaging’
Theatre Royal, 282 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 3QA
This section: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
Filed under: What's on in Glasgow: Theatre and Comedy
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters
- Goldilocks Goes to Greece, Summer Panto OranMor
- The Words – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- The Tar Factory, Sweet for Addicts
- Work in Progress – Unchained Comedy at McChuills
- Bard in the Yard
- A Secret Wrapped in Lead
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Rose at OranMor
- This Is Where We Get Off – Websters Theatre
- The David MacLennan Award – A Play, A Pie and A Pint
- Addicted the Musical at Websters
- Islets of Silence at Mugdock Theatre
- The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe review by Danielle O’Neill
- Myra’s Story, Websters Theatre
- Drag Opticon at Britannica Panopticon
- Scottish Opera in Cumbernauld – Opera Highlights
- School of Rock, Theatre Royal Glasgow