Refugee Week:Take One Action Film Festival Global Stories, Local Actions: Echoes from Home, CCA, 23 June, 2017
Fri 23 June 2017
6pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
In celebration of Refugee Week Scotland join Take One Action for a special screening of three films, followed by an audience conversation, exploring how we can support refugees, asylum seekers and migrants locally and globally.
The evening’s films are:
Making it Home – a film created from dialogue between refugee women in Maryhill, Glasgow and local women in Pilton, Edinburgh.
At Home in the World – a moving portrait of five children during their first year at a Red Cross Refugee School in Denmark.
Refugee Blues – an intimate portrayal of a day in the former camp at Calais, set to the verses of W.H. Auden’s 1939 poem of the same name.
Join us after the film for a conversation with representatives from Scottish Refugee Council, Refugee Survival Trust and Global Justice Now Glasgow.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021
- BFI London Film Festival 2021 at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Last Night in Soho, Glasgow Film Theatre
- French Film Festival UK 2021