Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
Wednesday 16 September, 2020 7.30 p.m. – 7.40 p.m.
Online Tramway Channel
Choreographies of resist///dance is a new film work made for Tramway TV that meditates on rituals for resistance for women of colour during troubled times.
It incorporates healing and uplifting practices and presents them as poetic strategies for self defence: dance, breath-work, music, song, and dialogue with other women of colour and moments with nature all become radical acts of self-care and self-love.
Mundair uses the traditionally Punjabi female folk dance of Giddha and female group singing of Boliyaan as a rallying call for resistance. For a call to literal, spiritual, emotional and psychological movement – a physicality that embodies resist///dance.
This section: Cinema, Dance, Zoom and online events
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- C’mon, C’mon at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s
- White Christmas at GFT
- Drive My Car, GFT
- Petite Maman, GFT
- Eye of the Storm, GFT plus Q and with Anthony Baxter
- Rebel Dykes, GFT
- Preview: Belle plus Q and A with Mamoru Hosoda
- The House of Gucci GFT
- Comfort and Joy, Screening at Arlington Baths
- French Film Festival UK 2021
- Havana Glasgow film Festival: El Techno – The Roof
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Spencer GFT