Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
Wednesday 16 September, 2020 7.30 p.m. – 7.40 p.m.
Online Tramway Channel
Choreographies of resist///dance is a new film work made for Tramway TV that meditates on rituals for resistance for women of colour during troubled times.
It incorporates healing and uplifting practices and presents them as poetic strategies for self defence: dance, breath-work, music, song, and dialogue with other women of colour and moments with nature all become radical acts of self-care and self-love.
Mundair uses the traditionally Punjabi female folk dance of Giddha and female group singing of Boliyaan as a rallying call for resistance. For a call to literal, spiritual, emotional and psychological movement – a physicality that embodies resist///dance.
This section: Cinema, Dance, Zoom and online events
- Idrish – Glasgow Short Film Festival
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- SCCAN Communicating Climate Change: Working with Arts & Culture 3-5.30pm 12th May
- Javed Iqbal + Q and A at GFT
- Encounters Presents: Ukrainian Shorts
- Sound of Metal at GFT
- The Velvet Queen at GFT
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent at GFT
- Chopper – 20 Anniversary at GFT
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly at GFT
- Your Mum and Dad at GFT
- Community Consultation: My Historic Neighbourhood – the Barras
- Murina at GFT
- Small Body at GFT
- NT Live: Henry V at GFT