Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- The Two Popes GFT