Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- Underwood Lane by John Byrne, The Tron
- Don’t Stop Me Now, The Tron
- Runner by Chris McQueer
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance Fundraiser at Murrayfield
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Country Funk Fridays – Reopening Tennent’s Bar Basement
- Moments of Resistance by Femspectives
- Iberodocs Lisbon Beat CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress GFT
- Parasite GFT
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Love Sarah, Glasgow Film Festival