Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Trans – I Got Life at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cicada, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Temple Grandin plus Recorded Q & A, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Mass, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Nightmare Alley, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Memory Box, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Belfast, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Compass Gallery: Gary Anderson RSW : Thoughts and Contemplations
- Scottish Opera Breath Cycle Programme for Long Covid Patients
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Spotlight on Stress- free online masterclass
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Beyond Form Creative Writing Courses
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced