Radical Film Festival, Southside United Film Club, Monday May 2, 2016 – Govanhill Baths
Radical Film Festival 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Southside United Film Club
Govanhill Baths Community Trust, 99 Calder Street Govanhill, G42 7RA
The Film Club is delighted to be hosting an event as part of the 2016 Radical Film Festival at our venue in the Govanhill Baths.
We will be hosting a programme of short films, exploring political and activist issues based largly around Glasgow and Scotland.
(1)Fridge (1995) Directed by Peter Mullin, which is set in the back yard of a Govanhill tenement.
(2)United WeWill Swim Agin (2015) Directed by Fran Higson, which is documentary about the grassroots community that sprung up in protest of Glasgow City Council’s decision to close our venue Govenhall Baths.
The programme is yet to be completed, but will be updated as soon as it is confirmed.
After the screening there will be a chance for a discussion. Refreshments available.
Doors at 7p.m, screening begins at 7:30. All welcome.
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers