Fast Food Rights Campaign Public Meeting, 8 April, 2016. Glasgow STUC
Fast Food Rights Campaign Public Meeting
8 April, 2016 6.30 p.m.
Scottish Trades Union Congress (STUC)
333 Woodlands Road, G3 6NG
Last year McDonalds made a profit of $1.31 billion, Dominos made a £766 million profit and Sports Direct £290 million. What do they have in common? They all refuse to pay and treat their staff decently.
The Fast Food Rights campaign has been at the forefront of winning rights for workers in the fast food and service industry. The campaign now has internetional presnece, millions of workers accross the globe have joined and Glasgow is playing a leading role int he UK. The campaign first exploded onto the scene in the US four years ago, workers have been fighting and winning $15 an hour and continue to fight today. Initiated in the UK by Labour MP John McDonel and the BFAWU, the campaign has grown at a rapid pace and we are holding a public meeting on Friday the 8th of April to build on the success of the global fast food rights movement and organise for the next international day of action on April the 14th.
Aimed at fast food workers, workers on zero hour contracts or low pay/insecure work, the meeting is a place to meet similar workers, swap stories and find out how to organise in your workplace for better rights and conditions.
Speakers include Ian Hodson, National President of the BFAWU, skype link up with fast food workers from the US and fast food rights organisers from New Zealand where zero hours contracts have recently been defeated. Angela McCormick, FE lecturer from the EIS. >zero campaign activists, a delegtion of fast food workers and fast food rights activists from McDonalds, Pizza Hut and Dominos.
Come an join the discussion about how once and for all we scrap zero hours, win union rights and recognition and £10 an hour for all!
- Addicted The Musical Websters Theatre Glasgow
- Poetry Launches CCA – Stephen Watt, Derek Parkes and Mandy Haggith
- Sikorski Polish Club, Glasgow Doors Open Day 2019
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- The Wedding Planner, OranMor
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- For Sama GFT
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;Surrection GFT
- Iain Matthews at The Doublet Bar
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Adam Sutherland Tales ‘n’ Tunes Old Hairdressers
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Ando Glaso Gypsy Music Short Course CCA