Poetry, West Brewery Bar and Restaurant, Tuesday 6 September, 2016
COME EAST TO WEST on Tuesday 6th September, at West Brewery Bar and Restaurant in The Hop Room at 7.30, FREE
Bringing poetry and music to Glasgow’s East End, the line up is me,Mary Thomson, reading from my recent pamphlets ‘Alphabetical Order’ and ‘East End’, Charlie Gracie with his new pamphlet and then contributions from Frances Corr, Derek Parkes, Finola Scott and Lesley Traynor.
Music is by Will MacArthur whose Glasgow street songs accompanied on the ukelele are the real poetry of the area!
Organised by The Scottish Writers’ Centre.
West Brewery Bar and Restaurant, Templeton Building Glasgow Green, G40 1AW
Host Donal McLaughlin
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- East Dunbartonshire Schools Jazz Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Easter Concert
- Cottiers Pub Quiz
- Tram Direct presents ‘Islets of Silence’ (The C Word)
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- National Library of Scotland Kelvin Hall – World Thinking Day
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- A Beautiful Day in The Neighbourhood, GFT
- Lavinia Blackwall & Stilton, Lynnie Carson & The Hawking Gimmiks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Parasite GFT
- Pity Party Film Club Tangerine CCA
- Valentine’s Day at GFT 2020
- A Streetcar Named Desire, GFT