Pity Party Film Club CCA
Muriel’s Wedding | Suitable Women: Films of Female Friendship Vol. 2
Sat 7 September 2019
Pity Party Film Club presents a screening of P.J. Hogan’s 1994 classic Muriel’s Wedding as part of our Suitable Women: Films of Female Friendship Vol. 2.
Endearing misfit Muriel has always escaped her humdrum small-town life by listening to ABBA songs and dreaming about marriage. Ready to take control of her life, she and her best friend, Rhonda head for the big city where they end up having the exciting adventure of their lives. Everyone back home suddenly takes notice when Muriel becomes engaged to a handsome and popular sports hero, but Muriel discovers that even when it seems all her dreams are coming true, her path to the altar still has plenty of surprising twists.
Suitable Women: Films of Female Friendship is a second all-day event showcasing four on-screen depictions of female friendship throughout the decades. Featured films are: Times Square (1980), Fort Tilden (2014), Muriel’s Wedding (1994), Clueless (1995).
This event is part of Scalarama Glasgow, a month-long celebration of cinema taking place across the city throughout September.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Honey Boy GFT
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Knives Out GFT
- The Biggest Little Farm GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- In Diamond Square GFT
- Shooting the Mafia, GFT
- Moving Image Makers Collective On The Move CCA
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Pity Party Film Club Urgh! A Music War CCA
- Sunshine on Leith GFT
- CinemaAttic – Catalan Film Festival CCA
- The Two Popes GFT
- Judy and Punch, GFT
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- The Report plus Short Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2: Mary Poppins GFT
- Singing Lovebirds, GFT
- Marriage Story GFT