Pester & Rossi I Spy With My Third Eye CCA Sat 15 August 2015
Pester & Rossi
I Spy With My Third Eye
Sat 15 August 2015
1pm, Free but ticketed, Theatre
Children and families welcome – all children must be accompanied by an adult.
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Please note: free tickets should be booked for every adult and child attending the event. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Stamping in puddles
Blowing bubbles in your milkshake
Screaming in a tunnel
What shape is this sound?
Squishing jelly between your teeth
Rubbing the bobbles on your bedsheets
The smell of hot chips in newspaper
What does this sound taste like?
Putting your finger into a tiny hole
How would you wear a sunset?
What does the moon sound like?
Looking at the world upside down
You are invited to take part in a curious voyage exploring and extending the bounds of sensation. The artist duo Pester and Rossi in collaboration with Belinda Gilbert Scott, musician Sarah Kenchington and sound artist Charlie Knox, will create a visual and sensory playground. The workshop will feature experiments in movement, sound, vision and sculpture to capture our feelings of sense in relation to how we communicate.
This workshop is part of a programme of research led by Pester and Rossi to engage young audiences in an exploration of sensation and perception and what this might reveal about our sensory understandings of human interaction. The research will inform a collection of new large-scale wearable sculpture for performance.
Ruby Pester and Nadia Rossi create live art projects that explore the duality between their bodies as objects, and their relationship to a particular site and audience. They build temporary structures and costumes that they must negotiate and reconcile with; setting themselves boundaries with regards to the body; movement, vision and gestures.
This project is supported by Imaginate’s Ideas Fund 2015 and CCA.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Kids and young people
Filed under: Kids and young people
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Take 2: Charming
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling