Pedal on Parliament, 2014, Glasgow Feeder Ride, 26th April
Last year over 4000 people cycled from all over Scotland to loby the parliament for a cycle friendly Scotland.
Whilst there has been some improvement, there is much more that can be done.
Go Bike encourages all its members and supporters to travel to Edinburgh for this Pedal on Parliament event.
Saturday 26 April 2014 – Pedal on Parliament.
Meet 11.30am for 12 noon start, The Meadows, Edinburgh.
Glasgow Feeder Ride: Meet 7.15am for 7.30am prompt start, George Square (north side), Glasgow.
Go Bike is holding a special ride to get from Glasgow to Edinburgh. Note that the pace of this ride will be somewhat faster than our regular cycle rides and it will follow main roads rather that cycle routes or quiet routes. The aim is to arrive in Edinburgh before midday, in time for the Pedal on Parliament ride. Ride info is also on the cycle rides page
Glasgow Road Cycling Meetup (GRCM) are joining us for a 7.30 departure from George Sq. So far they have 15 riders signed up for this event, so we’ll form a large group. Last year we took around 4 hours to get to the Meadows from George Sq, going via the A89 & A8, with a coffee stop in Bathgate. Average speed 12.5mph.
Last year most of the GRCM riders cycled back to Glasgow. The A89/A8 route provides the option to get a train at many points along the way.
For those who prefer a later start, shorter ride or slower pace Belles on Bikes are getting a train to Linlithgow and cycling from there into Edinburgh.
- Glasgow Film Festival Announces 2022 Programme
- Terrence Higgins Trust 10K Fundraiser in Glasgow
- Sonica Festival 2022
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Refugee Week Conference 2022
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- People’s Palace 124th Birthday Celebration
- Glasgow National Park City AGM
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – More Events Announced
- No Radio Silence – launch of film by Unity Sisters
- Roma Night at The Rum Shack
- Hugh Reed and the Velvet Underpants, Carlton Studios
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Art for Africa in Memory of Rony Bridges
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- French Film Festival UK 2021