Outside-in/Inside-out – New International Festival of Poetry Glasgow 4 – 8 October, 2016
Outside-in/Inside-out – New international festival of poetry
4th – 8th October 2016 Outside-in/Inside-out A new international festival of poetry launches at venues across Glasgow
Over 70 poets, performers, artists and academics will gather in Glasgow this October for Outside-in / Inside-out, Scotland’s newest poetry festival. Blending creative performance, visual arts and discussions, the festival is an exploration of the margins of poetic activity and a celebration of the vitality of Scottish poetry and its connections with the international poetry scene. The festival will host some of the most exciting and critically acclaimed poets currently working in Britain and the USA and combines performances, exhibitions, and a symposium.
Launch of Inside-out and opening of exhibition Palimpsest
Launch of Inside-out and opening of exhibition Palimpsest at MANY Studios 3 Ross Street Glasgow on the 4 October 5-7pm readings by John Bloomberg-Rissmann, Nuala Watt, and Nat Raha. Details at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/palimpsest-exhibition-openin…
Barbaric Vast and Wild: A Celebration at CCA
5th October 8pm
Celebrating Jerome Rothenberg and John Bloomberg-Rissman’s landmark transhistorical anthology of outside writing; free but ticketed more info at http://www.cca-glasgow.com/programme/outsideininsideoutfest
Outside and Subterranean Poetry Night
Poetry Club 100 Eastvale Place Glasgow G3 8QG
6th October 7.30pm
Including performances from the iconic British experimental poet Maggie O’Sullivan, alongside leading American poet and performer Charles Bernstein and many more; free more info at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/outside-and-subterranean-poe…
Outside Chance: an Open Mic Extravaganza at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
2 Sauchiehall Street Glasgow on 7th October 7.30-11.30pm is the culmination of the festival – a ‘poetry lottery’ with 35 floor spots up for grabs. Free To apply for a slot go to https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/outside-chance-an-open-mic-e… – it really is a lottery!
Symposium: University of Glasgow (5th & 6th October),
Glasgow Women’s Library (7th October),
MANY Studios (8th October).
A sequence of panel discussions, performances and conversations with leading critics and commentators on contemporary poetics. The symposium, which is open to the public, surveys contemporary poetry, its relation to the aesthetics and politics of ‘outside,’ and ways in which it deals with topics including gender, race, translation, migration, borders and historical movements.
Outside-in / Inside-out is co-organised and curated by Jeffrey Robinson, Lila Matsumoto, nick-e melville, Nuala Watt and Colin Herd.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Christmas Appeal Benefit – The Primevals
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Urban Potentials Exhibition Launch
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Listening Party Launch – Jim Byrne’s E.P. ‘4 Country & Folk Songs’
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Linda Jaxson Band at Websters
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2021
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Black History Month
- COP26 Glasgow Trade Union and Workers Bloc
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Black Histories on Film at Glasgow Film Theatre 2021