October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
Autumn is here and Platform Glasgow East End is returning with their free food programme for the October school holiday. Running from Mon 11 – Fri 15 October, from 11.30am – 1pm, they will be providing free meal bags to local children and their families to take away and eat at home.
This is a drop-in service and no referral or sign up is required – just turn up on the day. Meals can be collected from The Bridge car park, outside the main entrance to the building. Bags will contain a drink and a mix of cereal, snacks, treats and fruit, as well as a meal from local suppliers.
There will also be free art activities throughout the week which will be themed around nature, the environment / COP 26 and Halloween! These are aimed at kids aged 5 – 11yrs but are suitable for the whole family to join in. Stay tuned to social media for updates!
Social distancing measures will be in place and 1 person (adult) per family encouraged to collect where possible. Please wear a mask when queuing/collecting.
Thousands of local families have made use of the food programme over the last few years and Platform are proud to be in the position to run the service for the local community.
Thank you to the Glasgow City Council’s Children’s Holiday Food Programme for funding.
For further details or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
[Images: Coulson & Tennant]
This section: Community event, Food banks, Free Events
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- A Day Of Fun Inspired by John Byrne
- Roma Sisters Together – Govanhill International Festival
- Glorious Govan Gala
- Repair Cafe at Glorious Govan Gala
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Maryhill Summer Festival 2022
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- Whiteinch Centre Community Garden Meeting
- Merchant City: Surge presents Club Supreme Road Show
- Merchant City Festival: Be Bop Bairns
- Merchant City Festival: Reinventing the Bicycle
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Letters of Hope, Milk Cafe, Refugee Festival
- Glasgow Pride Mardi Gla – U of G Group