October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
Autumn is here and Platform Glasgow East End is returning with their free food programme for the October school holiday. Running from Mon 11 – Fri 15 October, from 11.30am – 1pm, they will be providing free meal bags to local children and their families to take away and eat at home.
This is a drop-in service and no referral or sign up is required – just turn up on the day. Meals can be collected from The Bridge car park, outside the main entrance to the building. Bags will contain a drink and a mix of cereal, snacks, treats and fruit, as well as a meal from local suppliers.
There will also be free art activities throughout the week which will be themed around nature, the environment / COP 26 and Halloween! These are aimed at kids aged 5 – 11yrs but are suitable for the whole family to join in. Stay tuned to social media for updates!
Social distancing measures will be in place and 1 person (adult) per family encouraged to collect where possible. Please wear a mask when queuing/collecting.
Thousands of local families have made use of the food programme over the last few years and Platform are proud to be in the position to run the service for the local community.
Thank you to the Glasgow City Council’s Children’s Holiday Food Programme for funding.
For further details or if you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
[Images: Coulson & Tennant]
This section: Community event, Food banks, Free Events
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Cats Protection Jade Carrera Art Event
- The Carlton Jug Band at the Clutha
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- African Wall Art and Stories by Lantern Light
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- The Great Black History Quiz CRER
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- October Break Free Food Giveaway Glasgow’s East End
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community