Noir at the Bar, Aye Write! 13 March, 2016, The Mitchell
13th Mar 2016
Time 7:30pm – 9:00pm
Based on a popular format imported from the States, Noir at the Bar Glasgow is delighted to bring its occasionally chaotic, always entertaining series of author appearances – along with a special pop-up bar – to Aye Write and the Mitchell Library.
Run by crime writers Russel D McLean and Jay Stringer, Noir at the bar is an evening of readings, drinks and the occasional, often unexpected, surprise.
We’re pleased to welcome back Noir at the Bar Veterans https://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/glasgow-writers-denise-mina/ Denise Mina and James Oswald, along with new guests including Brooke Magnanti, Leye Adenle, Emma L Clapperton for a memorable evening that will delight fans of crime fiction.
Tickets are non-refundable and subject to per transaction transaction fee of £0.50.
Online – www.ayewrite.com (online purchases subject to £1 booking fee) By phone – 0141 353 8000 (phone purchases subject to £1.50 booking fee)
In person – from the Mitchell Library(Mon-Thu 9am -8pm, Fri and Sat 9am– 5pm); Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (Mon-Sat 10am – 6pm), City Halls (Mon-Sat 12 noon – 6pm) and Tramway (Tues – Saturday 10am – 8pm, Sunday 12 noon – 5pm, closed Moday)
Fees apply per transaction, not per ticket.
The Mitchell, 6 Granville St, Glasgow G3 7DR
Filed under: Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2016, Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Minari at GFT – big screen release
- Sweat, GFT
- Nashville at GFT – restored in 4K
- Supernova GFT
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- The Coming Back Out Ball – National Theatre of Scotland
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland, Kelvin Hall
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot