nEW wRITINGs sHOWCASE of Glasgow, West End Festival, 6 June, 2017
The Hunterian Museum, University of Glasgow – 6 June – 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Part of the West End Festival
It takes passion, talent, and craftsmanship to create art with words as medium –
and Glasgow writers and poets are brimming with all three.
Partnered with The University of Glasgow’s
Creative Writing degree programmes (MFA/DFA), the nEW wRITINGS sHOWCASE
hosts poets and authors sharing their exciting new works.
Come along and enjoy these brave new voices!
Call for Submissions – All Writers and Poets
Submit a synopsis/abstract (200 words max) of what you intend to read – plus a short (50 word max) bio note by 31 May, 2017. (Selected readers will be notified by 2 June.)
Readings will be limited to 5 minutes each.
Please email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris