National Library of Scotland Film Friday
Friday 5 June, 2020
Take in the sunny sights and bustle as National Library of Scotland travels to three different locations in Scotland for this Film Friday.
ℎ ℎ ℎ …
Get “away, away, away from it all” and sail into the Isle of Bute and Rothesay.
In this film narrated by Douglas Murchie, we go on a tour of the popular tourist island, with a focus on the activities on of the holidaymakers. Look out for some iconic fashion moments.
Next, we travel to East Lothian where we learn about Bass Rock and Tantallon Castle. Then we take in the goings on in North Berwick, a popular tourist location in summer and the place where Robert Louis Stevenson wrote much of ‘Treasure Island’.
Last but not least, we travel back to the west to visit Millport and the Isle of Cumbrae for a day trip. See the familiar sights of the island including the journey across the sea to Millport Pier, famous monuments, and the main streets of Millport town.
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Big Wednesday Night Quiz QMU
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio