National Library of Scotland Film Friday
Friday 5 June, 2020
Take in the sunny sights and bustle as National Library of Scotland travels to three different locations in Scotland for this Film Friday.
ℎ ℎ ℎ …
Get “away, away, away from it all” and sail into the Isle of Bute and Rothesay.
In this film narrated by Douglas Murchie, we go on a tour of the popular tourist island, with a focus on the activities on of the holidaymakers. Look out for some iconic fashion moments.
Next, we travel to East Lothian where we learn about Bass Rock and Tantallon Castle. Then we take in the goings on in North Berwick, a popular tourist location in summer and the place where Robert Louis Stevenson wrote much of ‘Treasure Island’.
Last but not least, we travel back to the west to visit Millport and the Isle of Cumbrae for a day trip. See the familiar sights of the island including the journey across the sea to Millport Pier, famous monuments, and the main streets of Millport town.
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Cottiers At Home – Beer Garden Takeaway Extended Menu, Bottle Shop, Beer Garden Reopening
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community