National Library of Scotland Film Friday
Friday 5 June, 2020
Take in the sunny sights and bustle as National Library of Scotland travels to three different locations in Scotland for this Film Friday.
ℎ ℎ ℎ …
Get “away, away, away from it all” and sail into the Isle of Bute and Rothesay.
In this film narrated by Douglas Murchie, we go on a tour of the popular tourist island, with a focus on the activities on of the holidaymakers. Look out for some iconic fashion moments.
Next, we travel to East Lothian where we learn about Bass Rock and Tantallon Castle. Then we take in the goings on in North Berwick, a popular tourist location in summer and the place where Robert Louis Stevenson wrote much of ‘Treasure Island’.
Last but not least, we travel back to the west to visit Millport and the Isle of Cumbrae for a day trip. See the familiar sights of the island including the journey across the sea to Millport Pier, famous monuments, and the main streets of Millport town.
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables