My Name is Joe, GFT, Wednesday 23 March, 2016.
Wednesday 23 March, 2016
Running time: 1h43m
Presented by Think Wise Age Well.
Director Ken Loach Cast Peter Mullan, Louise Goodall, David McKay, Uk 1998, 1h43m, 15
This event is open to all aged 50 and over plus all carers/support workers are also welcome. This event is free but ticketed through the GFT box office and will be followed by a facilitated open discussion.
Through stellar direction from Ken Loach we meet Joe Cavanagh. Joe seemed to have his life under control; steady work, a relationship full of love and respect from his Glasgow community. But a series of events leads Joe to battle with the past to save his future.
GFT, 12 Rose St, G3 6RB
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Sofa Fest – digital entertainment