Merchant City Festival, Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Merchant City Festival
Glasgow Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Nine days filled with free events in Glasgow’s cultural quarter including street arts, dance, live music, markets, fashion and design, comedy, family events, tours, heritage walks, talks, food and drink and much more.
A vibrant, eclectic and exciting celebration with a fantastic programme of events including:
Outdoor Performance and Street Art
Food and Drink
Dance and Circus
Fragile *World Premiere*
A new work by Motionhouse, Conflux, Merchant City Festival and Gulbenkian and the University of Kent which will involve performers interacting with three JCBs. Fragile is a brand new, large-scale street performance involving world-class performers from Motionhouse, one of the UK’s foremost dance theatre companies, as well as up to 25 local emerging performers, and will be directed by Kevin Finnan MBE, who was Choreographer and Movement Director for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Lots of events for children Monday 27 – Friday 31 July in Merchant Square.
At the Main Brunswick Stage and the ever popular Blackfriars Stage will be back featuring a line up of fantastic bands. Brunswick Street Live will incorporate a screen and licenced area in a large marquee. The Merchant Square Emerging Talent Stage will also present an exciting line up of new bands.
The 6th SURGE festival will feature an array of street theatre.
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Perfect Days
- Blue Sunshine
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Music Broth at The Mitchell Library
- Greenpeace Fundraiser Gig – Maz & The Phantasms, Motopia, Atlas Works, Louis Rive
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- Secession Open Day Private Parties and Weddings
- GFF24 Special Event: The Wizard of Oz
- Govan Music Festival 2024
- Filmmaking with Kevin Macdonald at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Glasgow FrightFest 2024 All You Need Is Death