Merchant City Festival, Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Merchant City Festival
Glasgow Saturday 25 July – Sunday 2 August 2015
Nine days filled with free events in Glasgow’s cultural quarter including street arts, dance, live music, markets, fashion and design, comedy, family events, tours, heritage walks, talks, food and drink and much more.
A vibrant, eclectic and exciting celebration with a fantastic programme of events including:
Outdoor Performance and Street Art
Food and Drink
Dance and Circus
Fragile *World Premiere*
A new work by Motionhouse, Conflux, Merchant City Festival and Gulbenkian and the University of Kent which will involve performers interacting with three JCBs. Fragile is a brand new, large-scale street performance involving world-class performers from Motionhouse, one of the UK’s foremost dance theatre companies, as well as up to 25 local emerging performers, and will be directed by Kevin Finnan MBE, who was Choreographer and Movement Director for the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
Lots of events for children Monday 27 – Friday 31 July in Merchant Square.
At the Main Brunswick Stage and the ever popular Blackfriars Stage will be back featuring a line up of fantastic bands. Brunswick Street Live will incorporate a screen and licenced area in a large marquee. The Merchant Square Emerging Talent Stage will also present an exciting line up of new bands.
The 6th SURGE festival will feature an array of street theatre.
- Truck Art at The Mela
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Digital Doors Open Day Glasgow 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes