Merchant City Festival 2019
25 – 28 July, 2019
The Merchant City Festival is a wonderful celebration of creativity which brings carnival to the streets and venues in the heart of Glasgow. A diverse programme with performances by artists, musicians, dancers and all kinds of live entertainers.
Enjoy shopping at artisan stalls and find brilliant food and drink on offer.
The Merchant City Festival suits all ages and promises an unforgettable celebration of summertime in Glasgow.
Living in the Magic Garden Art Exhibition at Cafe Gandolfi – launch 28 July 4.30 p.m.
Whats Up Aerial Edge
Sunday 28 July 12.30p.m – 1 p.m. Merchant Square
Sometimes a simple question is all you need to find your voice. Join Aerial Edge’s circus stars of tomorrow for the jaw-dropping and awe inspiring youth circus show: ‘What’s Up?’
This show looks to explore the things we don’t always want to talk about from the unique perspective of the circus. ‘What’s Up?’ is made with the intention of allowing Aerial Edge’s talented youth performers to explore and express who they are through beautiful aerial and acrobatic performances in Merchant Square.
Don’t miss this show!
Surge Arts 27 and 28th July, 2019
Scotland’s leading developer of street arts, Surge, presents a superb line up of weird and wonderful street theatre acts, unleashed on the public throughout the Merchant City Festival
Merchant Square’s weekly craft and design fair will move outside onto Bell Street and Candleriggs for the duration of the Merchant City Festival. There will be a wide variety of stalls that will include home baking, hand made jewellery, a selection of local artists and photographers as well as hand-made cards, candles and glass work.
Crafters include: Stuart Brown Photography; BUJewellery; Jim Dinnen; Jimmy Trainer; Andy Hurst; Simone Wood; Alistair Morrow; Inara Candles and Stevie Spiers.
The Greatest Showman Dance Along
Friday 26 July, 2019 2 – 4 p.m
Look out cause here it comes! The Greatest Showman Dance-a-Long is trapezing into town for one day only. Watch your favourite movie come to life as our dance hosts lead you through every musical number. Join us for a day you’ll never forget, as we sing and dance along with The Greatest Showman. We’ll show you the moves and you can sing your hearts out!
Dress up is highly encouraged, arrive early for free popcorn and face-painting.
Family friendly, suitable for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult. £21 ticket available for a family of 4.
Old Fruitmarket, Candleriggs, G1 1NQ
Provand’s Lordship Family FunDay Saturday 27 July, 2019
12.p.m. – 4 p.m.
A fun-packed afternoon for all the family with a programme of FREE activities connected to the history and heritage of Provand’s Lordship – the oldest house in Glasgow!
Expect arts and crafts, face painting and dressing up!
This event is free and you do not need a ticket – just show up on the day!
Part of Merchant City Festival 2019.
- Rod Picott The Admiral Bar
- Opening GYFF Gala: The Farewell (PG)
- Something Fishy Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- An Evening with Women at the Carlton Studios
- Clydebuilt Festival 2019
- Wullie Davidson’s Bus Pass Ramblings: St Andrews
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Drag Kids, GFT Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- Cleek the movie – Tannahill Arts Festival
- Take One Action Film Festival 2019 CCA
- Sorry We Missed You + Q & A Paul Lavery
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2019 Announces Full Programme
- Pity Party Film Club CCA
- The Farewell Opening Gala GYFF 2019
- Harvest Festival North Kelvin Meadow and The Children’s Wood
- Arlington Baths Club Glasgow Doors Open Days 2019
- Glasgow Doors Open Day Guided Tours at The Lighthouse