Mary Paulson-Ellis, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow, Monday 30th October, 2017
Novelist Mary Paulson-Ellis
Monday 30 October, 2017
1 – 2 PM University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Mary Paulson-Ellis is an Edinburgh-based writer and University of Glasgow Creative Writing MLitt alumna whose debut novel The Other Mrs Walker was Waterstone’s Scottish Book of the Month in March 2017 and was a recipient of the Amazon Rising Star Award.
Her short stories, non-fiction and other tall tales have been published in a variety of anthologies and magazines including the Guardian Weekend Magazine, New Writing Scotland, Gutter and The Herald.
She was awarded Glasgow’s inaugural Curtis Brown Prize for Fiction in 2009, the Maverick Award from the Tom McGrath Trust in 2011 and the Literature Works First Page Prize in 2013.
She is a Hawthornden and a Brownsbank Fellow and a member of writers collective 26.
Books by featured authors will be for sale in John Smiths bookshop.
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019
- The Irishman GFT
- Lost Lives plus Q & A
- Malcolm X 35 mm GFT
- Halloween at GFT 2019
- Preview: Pink Wall with Q & A
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2019 Glasgow
- Glasgow Wood Recycling, October Sale
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Branagh Theatre Live – A Winter’s Tale GFT
- Cinemasters at GFT: Quentin Tarantino
- Cancer Support Scotland Christmas Fayre 2019
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum