Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
PLUS DAVID LATTO
Glasgow singer-songwriter, Martha L. Healy, launches her new album ‘Keep The Flame Alight’ with a full-band show on Saturday 6th October at The Glad Café as part of Glasgow Americana.
The album was written on Martha’s 3-month “life sabbatical” in Nashville in 2016. She returned to Nashville to record the fruits of her labour in October/November 2017, with David Spicher in the producer’s chair.
Featuring a host of Music City’s finest session players – including Eamon McLoughlin on fiddle (Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris); Bill Cooley on guitar (Merle Haggard) and Dave Racine on drums (Jim Lauderdale) – the record sees Martha further develop her personal song writing voice.
Successfully treading the water between old and new, Martha continues to be influenced by everyone from Patsy Cline and Hank Williams to Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and Sheryl Crow.
Doors 3.30pm, 4pm start. Tickets are priced £9 and are sure to be in demand,
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- Ghost Signs Glasgow Exhibition Tour
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021