Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
PLUS DAVID LATTO
Glasgow singer-songwriter, Martha L. Healy, launches her new album ‘Keep The Flame Alight’ with a full-band show on Saturday 6th October at The Glad Café as part of Glasgow Americana.
The album was written on Martha’s 3-month “life sabbatical” in Nashville in 2016. She returned to Nashville to record the fruits of her labour in October/November 2017, with David Spicher in the producer’s chair.
Featuring a host of Music City’s finest session players – including Eamon McLoughlin on fiddle (Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris); Bill Cooley on guitar (Merle Haggard) and Dave Racine on drums (Jim Lauderdale) – the record sees Martha further develop her personal song writing voice.
Successfully treading the water between old and new, Martha continues to be influenced by everyone from Patsy Cline and Hank Williams to Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and Sheryl Crow.
Doors 3.30pm, 4pm start. Tickets are priced £9 and are sure to be in demand,
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community