Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
PLUS DAVID LATTO
Glasgow singer-songwriter, Martha L. Healy, launches her new album ‘Keep The Flame Alight’ with a full-band show on Saturday 6th October at The Glad Café as part of Glasgow Americana.
The album was written on Martha’s 3-month “life sabbatical” in Nashville in 2016. She returned to Nashville to record the fruits of her labour in October/November 2017, with David Spicher in the producer’s chair.
Featuring a host of Music City’s finest session players – including Eamon McLoughlin on fiddle (Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris); Bill Cooley on guitar (Merle Haggard) and Dave Racine on drums (Jim Lauderdale) – the record sees Martha further develop her personal song writing voice.
Successfully treading the water between old and new, Martha continues to be influenced by everyone from Patsy Cline and Hank Williams to Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and Sheryl Crow.
Doors 3.30pm, 4pm start. Tickets are priced £9 and are sure to be in demand,
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT