Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
PLUS DAVID LATTO
Glasgow singer-songwriter, Martha L. Healy, launches her new album ‘Keep The Flame Alight’ with a full-band show on Saturday 6th October at The Glad Café as part of Glasgow Americana.
The album was written on Martha’s 3-month “life sabbatical” in Nashville in 2016. She returned to Nashville to record the fruits of her labour in October/November 2017, with David Spicher in the producer’s chair.
Featuring a host of Music City’s finest session players – including Eamon McLoughlin on fiddle (Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris); Bill Cooley on guitar (Merle Haggard) and Dave Racine on drums (Jim Lauderdale) – the record sees Martha further develop her personal song writing voice.
Successfully treading the water between old and new, Martha continues to be influenced by everyone from Patsy Cline and Hank Williams to Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and Sheryl Crow.
Doors 3.30pm, 4pm start. Tickets are priced £9 and are sure to be in demand,
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Paisley Book Festival – A Kist of Thistles
- Film Festival Institut Francais
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- The Burns Supper Addressed Burns Centre University of Glasgow
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021