Martha L Healy, Album Launch, The Glad Cafe
PLUS DAVID LATTO
Glasgow singer-songwriter, Martha L. Healy, launches her new album ‘Keep The Flame Alight’ with a full-band show on Saturday 6th October at The Glad Café as part of Glasgow Americana.
The album was written on Martha’s 3-month “life sabbatical” in Nashville in 2016. She returned to Nashville to record the fruits of her labour in October/November 2017, with David Spicher in the producer’s chair.
Featuring a host of Music City’s finest session players – including Eamon McLoughlin on fiddle (Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris); Bill Cooley on guitar (Merle Haggard) and Dave Racine on drums (Jim Lauderdale) – the record sees Martha further develop her personal song writing voice.
Successfully treading the water between old and new, Martha continues to be influenced by everyone from Patsy Cline and Hank Williams to Bruce Springsteen, The Eagles and Sheryl Crow.
Doors 3.30pm, 4pm start. Tickets are priced £9 and are sure to be in demand,
The Glad Cafe, 1006a Pollokshaws Road, Glasgow G41 2HG
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- World Book Night with Denise Mina
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Open The Door Festival 2021 – Scottish Women’s Writing
- Aye Write 2021 – Pre-Festival Event
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Beats – GFT At Home
- Song Without A Name online at GFT
- Days of the Bagnold Summer
- Carlton Sessions
- A WORKING CLASS STATE OF MIND by Colin Burnett
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Minari at GFF21 – review by Pat Byrne
- Launch of The Ship Yard Project
- Wee Nature Fest – Islands of Abandonment
- Sheena Blackhall – Meet the Author
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- A Year of Workers’ Stories