Mark Olson plus Monica Queen Wed. 22nd April 2015 The CCA
Wednesday 22nd April 2015
The CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street Glasgow
Tickets £13 from The CCA 0141 352 4900
The Fallen Angels
Jayhawks’ founder member, Mark Olson continues to create and record – and he’ll showcase his latest solo release at a show at Glasgow’s CCA on April 22.
The singer-songwriter has been responsible for some of the most blissful, genre-defining Alternative Country and Americana ever recorded but on his first solo album for five years, ‘Good-bye Lizelle,’ Olson strikes out in an altogether different direction, resulting in songs that prove both poetic and mystical.
The album – written and recorded across several continents and featuring his Norwegian wife, Ingunn Ringvold on vocals– has been attracting hugely favourable reviews from the critics.
Of the new Olson album, Folk Radio UK wrote: “there are no bad songs here, just degrees of excellence.”
Mark Olson is one of the most recognised and revered figures in the Americana music genre so a show in Glasgow is a ‘must-see’.
His music has brought pleasure to so many people over the years with The Jayhawks, other bands and solo so it’s a real big deal that he’s agreed to include Glasgow in a major tour.”
Glasgow’s very own Monica Queen will open up the show.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Smokehead Sessions – Dave Arcari Wildcats
- Sounds in the Suburbs – One Whole Year of Refuweegee Shows
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online
- The Everything Thing by Jim McAteer – Single Launch
- Carlton Sessions
- St Patrick’s Day Special: The Great Irish Songbook
- February Noise – Refuweegee
- BMX Bandits at St Luke’s
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Festive Concert with Dave Arcari
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Who’s Zoomin Who? Music, Copyright and Precarity
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals