Mark Olson plus Monica Queen Wed. 22nd April 2015 The CCA
Wednesday 22nd April 2015
The CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street Glasgow
Tickets £13 from The CCA 0141 352 4900
The Fallen Angels
Jayhawks’ founder member, Mark Olson continues to create and record – and he’ll showcase his latest solo release at a show at Glasgow’s CCA on April 22.
The singer-songwriter has been responsible for some of the most blissful, genre-defining Alternative Country and Americana ever recorded but on his first solo album for five years, ‘Good-bye Lizelle,’ Olson strikes out in an altogether different direction, resulting in songs that prove both poetic and mystical.
The album – written and recorded across several continents and featuring his Norwegian wife, Ingunn Ringvold on vocals– has been attracting hugely favourable reviews from the critics.
Of the new Olson album, Folk Radio UK wrote: “there are no bad songs here, just degrees of excellence.”
Mark Olson is one of the most recognised and revered figures in the Americana music genre so a show in Glasgow is a ‘must-see’.
His music has brought pleasure to so many people over the years with The Jayhawks, other bands and solo so it’s a real big deal that he’s agreed to include Glasgow in a major tour.”
Glasgow’s very own Monica Queen will open up the show.
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South