Mark Kermode Book Tour at GFT, ‘How Does It Feel?’
Tuesday November 27, 2018 at 8.00 p.m.
‘How Does It Feel? – a life of musical misadventures
Mark Kermode recounts his utterly foolhardy attempts to fulfill his dreams of becoming a pop star – from building an electric guitar from scratch while at school, to playing tea-chest bass on the kids TV show ‘Utterly Brilliant’, to becoming the musical director of a major TV show – all without ever learning to read music. This will be a hilarious evening in which the film critic recalls falling in love with Slade as a teenager, forming his first proper band, and recording an album at Sun Studio as an ageing old ted.
Mark will be signing copies of his book after the show.
Special Ticket Prices
Event only – £20
Event + book – £35
Glasgow Film Theatre 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online