Mark Kermode Book Tour at GFT, ‘How Does It Feel?’
Tuesday November 27, 2018 at 8.00 p.m.
‘How Does It Feel? – a life of musical misadventures
Mark Kermode recounts his utterly foolhardy attempts to fulfill his dreams of becoming a pop star – from building an electric guitar from scratch while at school, to playing tea-chest bass on the kids TV show ‘Utterly Brilliant’, to becoming the musical director of a major TV show – all without ever learning to read music. This will be a hilarious evening in which the film critic recalls falling in love with Slade as a teenager, forming his first proper band, and recording an album at Sun Studio as an ageing old ted.
Mark will be signing copies of his book after the show.
Special Ticket Prices
Event only – £20
Event + book – £35
Glasgow Film Theatre 12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Cinema
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan