Louder Than Bombs, GFT 21 and 22 February, 2016.
How well can we really know those closest to us?
GFT / Sun 21 (17.35) & Mon 22 Feb, 2016 (15.30)
Joachim Trier’s English-language debut is an intelligent, well-acted and elegantly crafted exploration of family ties and the way we never entirely know the people we consider our nearest and dearest. Three years after her death, prize-winning photographer Isabelle (Isabelle Huppert) is the subject of a New York Times profile and a major exhibition. Her eldest son Jonah (Jesse Eisenberg) returns to the family home where his father Gene (Gabriel Byrne) and younger brother Conrad (Devin Druid) still live. What will it take for the three men to honestly face up to the past and make sense of the secrets and lies that have defined their family life for far too long?
We are delighted that Joachim Trier will be present to introduce the film and take part in a Q&A after the screening.
Director Joachim Trier
Cast Gabriel Byrne, Jesse Eisenberg, Isabelle Huppert
Norway/France/Denmark 2015, 1h49m, N/C 12+ Thanks to Soda Pictures
GFT 12 Rose St G3 6RB
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Game On: Queer Disruptions in Sport screening plus Q&A
- World Food Day 2020 – Propogate Scotland
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child