The Letter, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
By Stuart Paterson | Directed By David McKay
Featuring John Kazek, Billy Riddoch and Laurie Ventry.
Adapted by Stuart Paterson from the delightfully wise and funny short story by Anton Chekhov.
Archdeacon Orlov is exhausted after his Easter sermons, Father Andrey is desperate to save his reprobate son, and Father Anastasy is dying for a glass of vodka, but if the Archdeacon’s magnificent letter to the boy can’t help, then what can? How can we be true to our better selves when duty gets in the way of love?
Stuart Paterson His many stageplays include King of the Fields, Moon Street and new versions of Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Three Sisters, and Strindberg’s Comrades. He has recently completed a stage adaptation of Chekhov’s story The Black Monk, and a new play Cars and Boys was staged in Spring 2014 at Dundee Repertory Theatre. He is currently working on a screen adaptation of Doctor Glas by Hjalmar Soderberg His children’s plays, first performed at The Glasgow Citizens’ Theatre and The Edinburgh Lyceum Theatre have since been staged throughout the UK, and recently in the USA, Finland, Holland, Sweden and by Den Nationale Scene in Norway, the theatre founded by Ibsen, and by Theater Der Jugend in Vienna.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the box office on the day.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Sammy’s Lockdown #5
- Aly Bain and Phil Cunningham at Cottiers
- Lockdown Video – Mic Clark
- Scottish Writers Showcase 2 Creative Conversations
- Calypso Windrush Caribbean Film Festival
- SHA Virtual Kiltwalk Weekend 2020
- La Belle et la Bête – Open Air Screening
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Record Store Day – Love Music Glasgow