The Letter, A Play A Pie and A Pint, OranMor, Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12
Mon, 12 September, 2016 — Sat, 17 September, 2016
By Stuart Paterson | Directed By David McKay
Featuring John Kazek, Billy Riddoch and Laurie Ventry.
Adapted by Stuart Paterson from the delightfully wise and funny short story by Anton Chekhov.
Archdeacon Orlov is exhausted after his Easter sermons, Father Andrey is desperate to save his reprobate son, and Father Anastasy is dying for a glass of vodka, but if the Archdeacon’s magnificent letter to the boy can’t help, then what can? How can we be true to our better selves when duty gets in the way of love?
Stuart Paterson His many stageplays include King of the Fields, Moon Street and new versions of Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard, Uncle Vanya, The Seagull and Three Sisters, and Strindberg’s Comrades. He has recently completed a stage adaptation of Chekhov’s story The Black Monk, and a new play Cars and Boys was staged in Spring 2014 at Dundee Repertory Theatre. He is currently working on a screen adaptation of Doctor Glas by Hjalmar Soderberg His children’s plays, first performed at The Glasgow Citizens’ Theatre and The Edinburgh Lyceum Theatre have since been staged throughout the UK, and recently in the USA, Finland, Holland, Sweden and by Den Nationale Scene in Norway, the theatre founded by Ibsen, and by Theater Der Jugend in Vienna.
Monday – Saturday 1pm
(Doors 12pm/12.30pm on Mondays)
Ticket price includes a drink (beer, wine or soft drink) plus a pie or vegetarian quiche.
08444 771 000
At the box office on the day.
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- Art Exhibition at The Arlington Baths Club
- The Flying Dug Quiz Night, Glasgow
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Halloween at OranMor
- Moogety Halloween 2019
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- A Gift to Glasgow from New York, The Hunterian
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Monos ay GFT
- The King, GFT
- Non-Fiction, GFT
- SQIFF 2019 Black History Month: Calalai: In Betweenness + shorts
- Chinese Visual Festival CCA
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Mòd 2019 Gaelic Film Screenings: A taste of BBC Alba – Na Millenni-Gaels CCA
- French Film Festival GFT 2019