Kiltwalk Glasgow 30 April, 2017 – raising money for charity
Kiltwalk is a unique Scottish charity that enables thousands of walkers to fundraise for their choice of Scottish charity.
Register now for 2017
Choose from The Mighty Stride, The Big Stroll or The Wee Wander Details and Registration
Be a Kiltwalk hero and take Big Steps for a charity or cause that matters to you. With four locations and three walk lengths to choose from, there is a Kiltwalk for everyone.
The Glasgow event is the biggest Kiltwalk of the year and takes place on Sunday 30 April 2017 with three separate walks of different lengths across the city.
The first Kiltwalk on the 2017 calendar is traditionally the biggest event – with thousands of walkers setting off from Glasgow Green and heading for the Kiltwalk Village on the Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond.
Details Of The Walks
The Glasgow Mighty Stride route has changed for 2017 – next year we’re all very excited to set off from our brand new start at Glasgow Green.
A staggered start at 09:00am gets the Mighty Stride, and the first Kiltwalk of 2017, underway.
The 2017 route follows the Clyde Walkway and takes our Mighty Striders on a unique urban tour of Glasgow.
The Mighty Stride joins National Cycle Route 7 (NCR7) and makes its way westwards on the banks of the Clyde, passing iconic Glasgow venues, The Hydro and SECC.
Pit Stop number 1 is up next, found at the stunning and world famous Riverside Museum and presents the first chance for our walkers to stop for a snack, a refreshment and a photo at the Zaha Hadid designed Clydeside landmark.
The Mighty Stride then continues to move west through Scotstoun to Pit Stop 2 at Yoker Sports Centre.
Next stop is in Clydebank and Pit Stop 3, where the Big Strollers get in on the action at 11:00am.
From there, the walk starts to get more scenic and follows the Forth and Clyde Canal, towards Bowling, where Pit Stop 4 is situated in a prime position for walkers to take in the Clyde and enjoy a well-earned break.
The route continues to move away from the city on NCR7 into Dumbarton Town Centre and across the River Leven before arriving at Pit Stop 5 at Dalreoch.
We then enter the most scenic and picturesque area of the walk and move onto the banks of the river through Alexandria and Renton, to Vale of Leven where Pit Stop 6 can be found at Millburn Park.
The final stretch heads towards Balloch, where our end site for all three distances – The Kiltwalk Village, can be found on the Bonnie Banks of Moss O Balloch Park.
Here you’ll find a hot meal, the bar and all the fun and entertainment the Kiltwalk Village has to offer until the site closes at 10:00pm.
The Wee Wander starts at 12:00pm from our end site and makes its way round Balloch Country Park. Pit Stop 7 is found at the midpoint of the Wee Wander, before the route returns to the end site at Moss O Balloch Park.
Please note: Walking routes and locations are subject to change at any point. If you are in doubt about your ability to take part in the event or if you have any medical conditions, please consult your doctor before registering. If you have any concerns or queries please contact the Kiltwalk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- It’s A Wonderful Life Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema Glasgow
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Alternative Pantos in Glasgow 2019
- Oscar Marzaroli Public Reception Streetworks
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Santaland and Season’s Greetings Websters
- Julesbasar – Norwegian Christmas Fair Glasgow 2019
- Panto-Crime, Murder Mystery at Websters with Dinner & The Logans
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- After the Wedding, GFT
- Luce, GFT
- Havana Film Festival 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub Best of Final Girls Berlin 2019 CCA
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow