Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre Reopens
The newly restored Kelvingrove Bandstand and Amphitheatre will be officially reopened this Thursday 29th May by the Lord Provost of Glasgow, Councillor Sadie Docherty.
Partners involved in the redevelopment and refurbishment of the Bandstand include: Glasgow Building Preservation Trust, the Heritage Lottery Fund, Glasgow Life and Glasgow City Council Land and Environmental Services.
Kelvingrove Bandstand offers a unique open-air performance space in the idyllic grounds of Kelvingrove Park, fully equipped with modern facilities and infrastructure to host a variety of events from live music and dance, to theatre, spoken word recitals and much more. The next event to take place at the bandstand will be the Glasgow Mela on 7th and 8th June. The venue will also will host entertainment and cultural events during the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Scotland’s only remaining free-standing theatre-style bandstand with an oval amphitheatre has benefited from a £2.2million refurbishment. The project, led by the Glasgow Building Preservation Trust and supported by Glasgow Life, Glasgow City Council and local community groups, aimed to preserve the fabric of this unique building for the enjoyment of future generations and create an open air performance space to host a variety of exciting events as well as improve the appearance of the park area to make it more welcoming and accessible for local residents and visitors.
In 2011 architects Page/Park were selected to lead on the redevelopment of the site with the key consideration of conserving the Category B listed building while providing modern infrastructure and improving public access.
A unique location and great addition to Glasgow’s brilliant entertainment venues.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Books at the Botanics
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp