Join the audience for The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer, Glasgow
The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer
University of Glasgow
9th January, 2015
BBC Radio Scotland’s The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer comes live from The Senate Room, Glasgow University (main building) on Friday 9th January 2015 and we’re looking for members of the public to take part in the audience.
The Big Debate programme has been travelling around the country since the programme was first broadcast in September 2009. The show has now visited more than 70 towns and villages across Scotland, from Kirkwall in Orkney to Kelso in the Borders. Gordon chairs a panel of speakers from the world of politics, the arts, science, business and other areas of public life and ONLY the audience can ask them questions.
We ask the audience to submit questions on the week’s news. We look for questions on the most stimulating moral, political and social issues of the day – the current issues that will get people talking. So the programme gives YOU the opportunity to challenge, policy makers, writers and thinkers.
If you want to air your views on the big questions of the week join the audience of The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer.
Friday, 9th January from 11.15am at the Senate Room, University of Glasgow
You can book a seat and submit questions online.
email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 422 7776
Audience members must arrive by 11.30am for the live recording at 12.00pm
Questions are chosen on Friday morning before the live programme at 12pm, audience members will be expected to ask their questions live on air.
The Big Debate with Gordon Brewer is broadcast live from 12.00pm – 1.00pm, BBC Radio Scotland 92-95FM, 810MW and available on BBC iPlayer for 1 week after transmission.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations