JJ Gilmour, Sounds in the Suburbs, 8 March 2015
Woodend Bowling and Tennis Club, 10 Chamberlain Road, Glasgow, G13 1QE. Telephone 0141 959 1428. .
Doors at 8.00
Sound in the Suburbs
Thanks to all who came out to see Jack Harris and Mike Ferrio, as always your attendance is much appreciated. Gigs coming thick and fast now, with two more added, delighted that Sarah McDougall is set to return to Woodend on 19th April having just released a great new album called Grand Canyon, do check her out. Also I have Larkin Poe on at the CCA on the 8th of July, but next gig is on the 8th of March.
Featuring the wonderful talent of JJ Gilmour
8 March, 2015, Woodend.
This internationally acclaimed Scottish singer-songwriter made his recording debut in 1989 with The Silencers, one of Scotland’s top bands who enjoyed huge success throughout Europe. A naturally gifted musician, (in his youth, JJ came very close to a career in classical music as a tenor) he first joined the band as a backing vocalist though later in the bands career JJ progressed seamlessly to lead vocalist.
Seven action-packed years of gigging and recording ensued during which The Silencers had gold albums, sold over half a million records for BMG/RCA, headlined major rock festivals and were regulars on hit TV shows across Europe. However, all good things must come to an end and after this successful period with the band, JJ decided he needed to take on new challenges and embarked upon a solo career. Doors at 8.00 and tickets £15.
The lots of other gigs, some familiar names and some less so but all great!!
Sunday 8th March JJ Gilmour from the Silencers
Sunday 19th April Sarah McDougal (TBC)
Saturday 25 April Declan Sinnott
Thursday 30 April the Kennedys
Saturday 16 May Terry Reid @ the CCA
Saturday 23rd May Miriam Jones plus Larry Guild
Sunday 24th May Eleanor McEvoy
Sunday 5th July Mary Jane Scouten
Tuesday 8 July Larkin Poe
Sunday 6th Sept The Coal Porters (TBC)
Nina Simone song at the Royal Concert Hall with Warren McIntyre and an all star cast on Saturday 21st March
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Thank Funk It’s Friday, South
- SAFR Takeover/The Primevals/The Reverse Cowgirls
- Nick Harper with Carol Laula and Port Erin CCA
- West Princes plus King Wine at the Hug and Pint, Glasgow