I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
6 July, 2022 at 8.15 p.m
Screening as part of the Queerious season from Birds’ Eye View.
Opening with a video-recorded confession from secretary Polly, this comedy tells of her voyeuristic fascination for her new boss, the ambitious Gabrielle, owner of an art gallery. The two women are like night and day – the new temp is absent-minded and innocent, with spiky orange hair and the curator is bourgeois and polished with a gift for gab. Yet a strong connection builds through their shared love of art, curiosity and appetite for love.
Directed by Patricia Rozema (Mouthpiece, 2018), a significant player in the Toronto New Wave, I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing is a playful, humorous and complex look at the many different kinds of desire and admiration between women.
This screening will be accompanied by Wavelengths by Pratibha Parmar.
GFT, 12 Rose Street, Glasgow G3 6RB
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Paris Texas at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Joyride at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Dance Along Festival: Encanto, Merchant City Festival
- Pather Panchali at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Fire of Love at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Top Gun(4 k) plus Top Gun: Maverick at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cafe Flicker at GMAC
- Casino plus recorded introduction
- MIND-SET Indie Film in Scotland