It’s all kicking off at the West End Festival 2018
23rd West End Festival 31 May – 30 June, 2018
From gala days and choral concerts to literary events and children’s activities, the West End Festival celebrates its natural habitat in Glasgow’s west end.
The festival includes, “McAlister in Wonderland”, a production which commemorates the end of the First World War and actors are doing their final rehearsals in Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens ahead of the event tomorrow night, featuring Mary Queen of Scots and Nessie!
Liz Scobie, Chairman of West End Festival said: “We’re delighted that so many organisations develop special productions and events just for the West End Festival.
“Every year we have an eclectic range of events including choral concerts, plays, gigs, children’s activities, foodie events, community gala days and so much more.
“We’re keeping our fingers crossed that the amazing weather continues for us!”
Michael Dale, Festival Director added: “We’ve got some highlight events this year including our own Mansfield Park/Hyndland Street Gala Day, of course the ceilidh at Kelvingrove Art Gallery will return, The Big Sunday is back in Kelvingrove Park for a second year, Oran Mor’s All Dayer is always a triumph and both Ashton Lane and Vinicombe Street are putting on their annual bashes, too.
“Everyone’s invited. Come to the west end and make a day of it!”
The West End Festival runs until Saturday, 30 June.
- Lindisfarne at Cottiers
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew