Invisible, Opening film of WoFF at Websters Theatre, 28 September, 2017
Part of World of Film International Festival (WoFF) 2017
Invisible, 28 September, 2017 at 7.30 – 9.00 p.m.
Directed by Dimitri Athanitis
Written by Dimitri Athanitis & Yorgos Markris
Greece | 2016 | 84′
With: Yannis Stankoglou, Kora Karvouni, Costas Xikominos
When Aris, a 35 year-old worker in a factory gets fired without any warning, he becomes obsessed with the idea to take justice in his own hands. He is ready to proceed with his goal when his ex-wife dumps their 6 year-old son on him.
Director’s statement: A harsh urban western about the unequal fight of a young worker against injustice. This is a film on what is happening in Greece now. But also an inside trip through a young man’s mind who feels invisible. This is a film on invisible people, on a whole invisible world.
Director’s Bio: An acclaimed Greek film director, member of the European Film Academy. Born in Athens, he studied cinema and architecture. His debut film “Addio Berlin” gained Jury’s Prize and Critics Mention at Thessaloniki IFF for it’s innovating style, while his second feature “No Sympathy for the Devil” was nominated for Golden Alexander and gained the Best Actress Award in TIFF. “2000+1 Shots” was selected by B. Mousoulis among the 10 best films for 2001 in Senses of Cinema. His last film “Three Days Happiness” had 4 major nominations at Greek Film Academy Awards, won Best Director, Best Actress, Best Cinematography at Moverick Movie Awards NY, Best Actress at London GFF, showing at more than 20 festivals.
*The opening film will be followed by a networking event.
Suitable for 15+
This is a seated event. Tickets sold as General Admission (you will not be allocated a specific seat in the auditorium)
Tickets £7 Adults/£6.50 Concessions (ticket price incl. £1.50 ticket admin fee which will display at the checkout) (fee applicable to all tickets, including tickets bought on the day)
Please note, the box office is only manned when there is a performance in the venue. For Box Office Collection, please wait until the day of performance. Phone messages and emails to the Box Office are checked at least once a day, Tuesdays to Saturdays.
- Glasgow Against Closures
- Carols in the Cloisters, University of Glasgow
- Interfaith Food Justice: Winter Networking Event
- George Wylie Centenary Exhibition
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Starry Skies at CCA
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- C’mon, C’mon at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Songwriting Circle at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Jazz and Tea, Tchai Ovna
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- Read In to Celebrate St Andrew’s Day White Inch Library
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Bay Inn Bowling – Annual Christmas Quiz
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s