I AM_WSHOM_NYE, 31 December, 2015, Stereo
Thursday, December 31, 2015
10:30 PM – 4:00 AM
A New Year, a fresh start or a time to celebrate old friendships as Rabbie B taught us; with an extended party ’til four (amen).
‘From the basement i AM tackles this with its Janus-like approach – one eye in the past and the rest hurtling forward as fast as possible, like a demented Robo-goat searching for new grass to graze on.
But the grass is ALWAYS greener innit?
In the end the present is all we have so let’s just admit, we’re celebrating the passing of a second hand and rejoice in the fact we’re well and alive.’
‘From the top deck We Should Hang Out More are very much reminding us of the latter (the clue’s in the name) – a night where all are welcome but community is key and seeing pals and listening to excellent Disco is the plan. It’s not a bad plan.
***please be down by 11:30pm latest so you’re in and cosy with plenty of time to bring in the bells***
Stereo, i AM & WSHOM x’
Stereo Cafe Bar
20 – 28 Renfield Lane, G2 6PH
Filed under: Christmas in Glasgow, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Gig Guide plus Club Events, Glasgow Hogmanay, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, What's on Glasgow: Students
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- A Lad in Maryhill, Pantomime, Maryhill 2019
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Hitsville The Making of Motown Black History Month Glasgow
- Scotland Loves Anime 10 Anniversary at GFT
- American Woman GFT
- Judy GFT
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Her Century: Scottish Women on Film GFT
- The Relative Worlds GFT plus Q and A
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop