Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2021
16 – 21 November, 2021
The UK’s only Film Festival celebrating Cuban Film and Culture
As the festival goes into its seventh year, HGFF is proud to share and celebrate Cuba’s inspiring culture and achievements during one of the toughest points in its history. Despite the challenges of COVID19, increased sanctions, food shortages and dramatic changes in weather, Cuba remains resilient and resourceful with an enduring ability to not just survive but adapt and, as co-director Hugo Rivalta puts it, ‘keep standing’. Cuban people are adept at expressing these challenges creatively and it is this resourcefulness – and extraordinariness – that is being highlighted this year in a hybrid Festival of online and live screenings.
With directors Mark Craig and Eduardo Flores Torres in-person to discuss their films ‘Running for the Revolution’ and ‘Fidel Up Close’.
Featured director this year, is acclaimed filmmaker Arturo Sotto, who will also be live at the Festival to present four of his films.
Friday 19 November, 2021
Cuba’s approach to sustainability with 2 new documentaries, a shorts programme and panel discussion.
Sunday 21 November, 2021
The director of ‘Queens of the Revolution’ will join the festival for a live streamed Q&A to discuss her portrait of a cultural centre that paved the road for LGBTQ+ rights in Cuba.
Sunday 21 November,2021 at CCA – El Techno / The Roof
This section: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Kittlin at Paisley Abbey
- Starry Skies at CCA
- C’mon, C’mon at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre December Programme 2021
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Film Festival 2022 – First Screenings Announced
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- Christmas Evil (1980) – screening Old Hairdresser’s
- White Christmas at GFT
- Drive My Car, GFT
- Petite Maman, GFT
- Eye of the Storm, GFT plus Q and with Anthony Baxter
- Rebel Dykes, GFT
- Preview: Belle plus Q and A with Mamoru Hosoda
- The House of Gucci GFT
- Comfort and Joy, Screening at Arlington Baths
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- Byres Road: Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Light Up
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell