Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
Online 10 – 15 November 2020
‘Celebrating Extraordinary Cuba’
This year’s Havana Glasgow Film Festival will run online from 10 –15 Novembe. As usual it will be packed full of a high quality mix of thought-provoking Cuban films, Cuban culture, debate and some special surprises.
The theme is EXTRAORDINARY CUBA with a fo9cus on health and innovation in Cuba.
Highlights will include:
The Extraordinary Journey of Celeste Garcia, an invitation to another planet, Inocencia – a true story about the unjust murder of Cuban medical students and Beyond the Hurricanes – a documentary about the resilience of the Cuban people in the face of extreme weather cycles.
(Hugo Rivalta and Eirene Houston, Directors HGFF)
HGFF’s cultural programme will include conversations with author and academic Helen Yaffe, who has recently published We are Cuba! How a Revolutionary People have Survived in a Post-Soviet World, a live Cuban cookery class with Masterchef winner Gary Maclean and a live discussion with Cuban-based film collective Belly of the Beast.
Filed under: Cinema, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- The Zoom Session with Dave Arcari
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020
- Canada Now – New Canadian Cinema at GFT
- Saint Maud, GFT
- On The Rocks, GFT
- I Am Greta – GFT
- Seahorse Saturday
- Movie Screening: ’13’ – Black History Month
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival