Gypsy Music Short Course
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
7th, 14th, 21st September, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Host Ando Glaso
And Glaso is inviting musicians to join a unique month long short course of traditional Gypsy music. Each weekend participants will meet different tutors showing them various dialects of this colourful tradition, including Transylvanian, Romanian, Hungarian, Polish, etc. styles. All the tutors are authentic players from Glasgow’s vibrant Roma communities, who will introduce participants to this diverse and intricate genre. You will learn new tunes and stylistic elements that will allow you to have a deeper understanding of Gypsy music.
This course is suitable for more advanced players.
Lessons will be delivered in mixed instrument classes that will be suitable for most instruments, such as violin, accordion, guitar, bass, keys, etc. However there are some exceptions such as percussion, tin whistle, etc.
Please contact before booking if you are not sure about your instrument/level. Will do their best to accommodate everyone!
If you can’t attend all the dates a reduced fee can be arranged.
7/14/21/28 of September 17.00 @ CCA Clubroom
This section: Classes and Workshops
Filed under: Classes and Workshops
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Clydeside Creative Cafe – Out and About in Clydebank
- Websters Youth Theatre Summer School
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Joy Dunlop – Gaelic Live Online Concert and Ceilidh
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Aye Write 2021 – Kicking Off This Weekend
- Aye Write 2021 Creative Writing
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Celebrate Your Story – Workshop with Samina Chaudry
- Writing for Wellbeing Workshops
- Poetry and Creative Writing Classes (Spring 2021) with Linda Jackson
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Govanhill International Festival 2020