Gypsy Music Short Course
CCA, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
7th, 14th, 21st September, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Host Ando Glaso
And Glaso is inviting musicians to join a unique month long short course of traditional Gypsy music. Each weekend participants will meet different tutors showing them various dialects of this colourful tradition, including Transylvanian, Romanian, Hungarian, Polish, etc. styles. All the tutors are authentic players from Glasgow’s vibrant Roma communities, who will introduce participants to this diverse and intricate genre. You will learn new tunes and stylistic elements that will allow you to have a deeper understanding of Gypsy music.
This course is suitable for more advanced players.
Lessons will be delivered in mixed instrument classes that will be suitable for most instruments, such as violin, accordion, guitar, bass, keys, etc. However there are some exceptions such as percussion, tin whistle, etc.
Please contact before booking if you are not sure about your instrument/level. Will do their best to accommodate everyone!
If you can’t attend all the dates a reduced fee can be arranged.
7/14/21/28 of September 17.00 @ CCA Clubroom
This section: Classes and Workshops
Filed under: Classes and Workshops
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- EVENT CANCELLED Cheeky Besom Productions – ‘Artists With Attitude’ Presents Linda Jackson
- The Writing of Janet Paisley course with Linda Jackson
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- Living Rent Writers’ Circle
- Discover Family History at Kelvinhall
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop
- Waxing Lyrical: The Power of the Printed Cloth in Africa
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival