Gray Day at OranMor 2022
Friday 25 February, 2022 at 7.30 p.m.
OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
GRAY DAY returns for a second year with a day-long celebration and a live event at Òran Mór featuring readings, film and music.
The annual celebration of the late Alasdair Gray sees writers, artists and readers come together on the anniversary of his masterpiece, Lanark.
Last year circumstances made it impossible to have an in-person celebration, so we had to content ourselves with Canongate Books, Neu! Reekie! and the Alasdair Gray Archive’s wonderful online Gray Day Broadcast.
But this year there is a live event with an evening of performances in honour of Gray’s retelling of Dante’s Divine Trilogy with readings from Hollie McNish, Val McDermid and Liz Lochhead
+ LIVE MUSIC from Norman Blake
Event on Live Stream
If you can’t make the live event at Òran Mór, Gray Day 2022 will be LIVE STREAMED FOR FREE
THE ALASDAIR GRAY ARCHIVE: GRAY TALES FOR GRAY DAY
In the lead up to Gray Day 2022 The Alasdair Gray Archive will be sharing ‘Ten Tall Gray Tales’ – a series of short films made by Kevin Cameron. For this series the Archive has invited friends & collaborators of Alasdair (including Liz Lochhead, Bernard MacLaverty and Òran Mór’s Colin Beattie) to share memories prompted by an item in the collection. Kevin was responsible for the 2014 documentary ‘Alasdair Gray: A Life in Progress’ which captured Alasdair over a fifteen-year period working on ambitious artworks and new publications.
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events, Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Zoom and online events
- Access Film Club: Hot Fuzz
- Blind Ambition at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Eric Ravilious: Drawn To War at GFT
- Notre Dame On Fire at GFT
- Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in New York City
- The Harder They Come – 50th Annivesary
- Break the Cycle of Homelessness with Social Bite
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Govanhill’s Got Talent
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Beyond the Rainbow (100th Birthday Celebration for Judy Garland)
- CINE(STHESIA )- Last Day of the Trams
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- Govanhill International Carnival and Parade
- Sea Change Film Festival 2022
- Friends of Peoples Palace & Winter Garden at Glasgow Green Fun Day
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Where The Crawdads Sing at GFT
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans + introduction
- Hit the Road at Glasgow Film Theatre